.
.

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Highs and Lows


After a wildly successful show at Red Dirt, I was pretty excited to continue on my merry way and get ready for the next show in Balboa. (this is known as a high)


As life would have it, after a sweet weekend and a massive clean up my in art room, Brenna came home from school and said her "whole body hurt". (this would be considered a low)

Available: Various stages of flight, each 8x10 framed.

 I thought this would be a sick where I could get lots done while she laid around watching movies.(looking for a high in a low)

But, as it turns out, she is fever-sick and it's no fun. (low)
But the sister and brother-in-law hung out with her and watched movies. (high)

Available: "Having Fun" mixed media, 9x12, framed.

And I made soup. (high)
And lost a lot of sleep. (low)
But it rained, so it was nice to hunker down. (high)

no, it doesn't say "hop", it says "hope" 6x6 small truths canvases available

But I'm beginning to feel the slight edge of panic (low) for the Balboa Art Walk, for which I'm so excited. (high)
So, when I get a good night's sleep, (high) I will realize that even if I didn't do anything else, (possibly a low) I could practice what I paint, (low or high-take your pick by now) go to the next show, and have a great time. (high)

Available: 8x10 matted print

But I'll eventually get more done cause there is still a week. (high)
Aaaanndd.. no matter what, Sunday the 17th will roll around and  I'll be on Opal street on Balboa Island. (high)
Which is more than a week away. (high)
And I'm really not making any sense (low-for you) so I'll stop. (back up to high for you)


Happy Friday!
(high)

linking to Paint Party Friday




15 comments :

  1. I loved this one with all the highs and lows and gorgeous artwork...brilliantly executed!! Hope Brenna feels well soon...use lysol for everything she touches so you don't get it!! I just had some horrid bug, now Cupcake has it...and hers is hanging on since she didn't get antibiotics!! Sending you love for what will be a successful fun show!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life is full of ups and downs! Happy PPF, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your show was such a success. Your pieces are a lot of fun and cheery so I think people would love them. I think your post made a lot of sense too. Hope your weekend is a all smiles and no sick daughters or anything else not so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the paintings you are showing (very high) and the post is so funny to read (high too) with all these high and low moments! Happy PPF - Irma

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, you *do* make sense (to me, anyway)!
    Enjoy the high!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck with the show it will be beautiful judging from your art samples. And your daughter will be better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the beautiful art you are showing this week, Lynn, especially the "Fly" quartet. I am sorry about your lows and hope Brenna is well soon. It sounds like flu ( but it is springtime ). Good luck on the Balboa art show (high).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your matted print is awesome. Very nice job on all and hope that Brenna feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your work - life is so full of highs and lows! All we can do is roll with the tide :) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your art!! So sorry you had a sick girl :( Good luck at the next show!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your show was a success!

    ReplyDelete
  12. glad your show was a success! Good luck in Balboa! Your daughter will be fine in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love all your pieces of art!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bravo on the show!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats, but I can see why the show was a success. Great pieces of art. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete